This privacy notice sets out how Oil & Gas Measurement Limited uses and protects any information that you give to Oil & Gas Measurement Limited via e-communications, B2B marketing, use of its website and location based services.
Oil & Gas Measurement Limited has determined through a process of Privacy Impact Assessment, a legitimate business interest in processing personal data for the following reasons:
- To carry out a contract, prepare a proposal/quote, or to buy and sell our products and services
- Internal record keeping
- To improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- We may also use your information to contact you for market research/feedback purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or post.
- For statistical and analysis purposes and to enable us to target sales and marketing strategies (using Google Analytics).
All data collected and processed by Oil & Gas Measurement Limited will be managed in accordance with our GDPR Policy Statement; a copy of which can also be found on our website. The provisions below outline our steps taken to be compliant to the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR). This notice is subject to change and will be reviewed regularly to ensure its accuracy and compliance to the above mentioned legislation.
What information we collect from Business to Business (B2B) email correspondence:
- Your name, address and contact details including email address, telephone numbers and job title
- Customer feedback
What information we collect from our website:
- Demographic information such as location, preferences and interests (via cookies)
- Website visitor data including time of visit, pages visited, time spent on each page, referring site details, type of browser used, type of OS, network location and IP address (via Google Analytics)
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties (with the exception of Google Analytics as mentioned above) unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think may be of interest to you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
How long is the information retained for?
We retain personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us, for our legitimate business interests, or to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information you can request that we erase your personal information. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- Residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- Access and obtain a copy of your data on request
- Require the organisation to revise incorrect or incomplete data
- Require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- Object to the processing of your data where Oil & Gas Measurement Limited is relying on its legitimate business interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer on email@example.com.
If you wish to opt-out of Google Analytics cookies altogether, you can install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Add-on.
Last Updated: 24th May 2018